Saturday 14 November 2009

Would You Like To Come Inside?

eeeee so I started my inside properly just now, and I'm in a good mood because I've been worried about it like I wasnt sure how things were going to go together, like for example I wanted to make a DJ stand but I wasn't sure what to put on it. I made it in a different file so that I have more room, I'll merge it later. The thing is once I started I couldn't seem to stop the ideas just kept merging, I just hope that the rest of the internal view goes like this. All I know is that it's going to be really interesting putting it all together as the shape is now a bit awkward but we will see.
This is the till that I modelled for the internal view, it will go in the 'shop' area of the building. I creeated it using a plane with various exstruding and deleting of faced. I used a gold glitter texture for the overal object, with plain black keys. The screen is a seperate plain, that I textured white.

Heres the DJ deck bit, I'm pretty happy with it, had a few decisions to make in regard to the deck slider/ button thing, but thats explained in my report. I'm in a good mood, feeling much better more productive after tomorrow. I'm spending way to much of my time on the module, better get on and do some of another one soon.




Haha well I've just started my internal view again, 3rd time lucky aye? Because it was so awkward in shape I was unable to actually put anything in it, as the back wasn't further enough, I initially exstuded the back further back and exstruded the front line forward so it looked even on the sides, but it just ended up looking messy and horrible, and still didn't really work. Also the floor was uneven at the bottom so not really realistic anyway. I probily could have completed the project with it, but it just didnt look good enough, and would have made it much harder to complete. So I was thinking of an easier way, hmmm if only I could use a cube, its so flat I thought to myself. Thats when It hit me, what if I could use a cube but round the walls so that it gave the effect that it was the inside of the Sphere used for the outside. I looked online for tips, and it was so straight forward that I dont know why I didnt think of it before, simply put a subsurf on it. So now I have a cube with rounded edges, which gives the effect that its the inside of the sphere AND has a straight floor and depth, so much better. Although to be honest I could have used a cube shape and just said that the inside had the walls bored up or something, but atleast this way it fits the part.
You could say that it looks just like my previous one, but trust me it's so much easier to work with, you just cant really see the depth until theres objects in it.

Well as I was working out what I've still got to do today and realised there wasn't a lot of this model left to complete, so thought i'd better post some recent renders, so you can see my train of thought.







Here are two views across the inside of the building. All I've got left to do is create and add some bottles to go on the shelves then sort out some suitable lighting, not really sure what I'm going to do for it yet hmmm.


I'm much prouder of the internal view, I think it may well have taken me less time, but thats because I've become more confident with 'Blender' as a software as the shapes I've created in here are much more complex than those of the external view. Then again it could all faze down to the gold colouring it is rather attractive.


I thought I'd add a render of the beer pumps also as there is a fair but of detail on them, including the difference of logo at the top that you can't really see far away. I created them from a space and exstruding, followed by the use of a lattice to get some more shape into them.


Well I've just created the bottles, textured them and positioned them in place. I used the same blue glass texture as I used for the outside building, and a cork texture for the top of the bottle. I created sphere bottles to continue with the space theme. Here they are in position, I think the contrast of the blue against the gold and moon texture looks beautiful. I'm really happy with it, all thats left to do now is sort out the lighting, I think I might see what the bottles would look light lit up, like that tutorial I tried last week, have to have a good think.




Now I have finally finished the internal view I thought that I would post a few renders of the finished results.





No comments:

Post a Comment