Tuesday 10 November 2009

Come On Outside

All of my modules this year demand a lot of work, constist work is being done on my part. Because of this I want to try and get my modules done as soon as I can as they can be done now, whereas other things I need to do, even the tutorials for one cant be done, they can only be done as the appear, and I have no module especially that cant be done yet. I'm pretty happy with the progress of my external view. I've done a little bit of the inside, but because my internal view requires a lot more detail and things that I'm not as familiar at doing to complete it,I've decided to focus on the external view for now and try and get it finished.

The major lifting has been done. I need to position the planet seats, make some lamposts for the edge of the scene, work out how to texture and create the sign that goes on the front of the building, and obviously decide on a background. Then it'll be done and I recon that can be achieved in the next few days. Its the internal view that's going to take a long long time.

I've been playing around with the main building and what a difference one button can make or even a colour, I cant decide on what colour to have the building as, I know I want it as blue glass

This is with light blue glass, but I think because I have concrete ground and concrete lamposts it makes the blue look more grey.


This is with the dark blue which does look rather nice but I think it seems a bit too much in your face hmmm I'm not sure.

Also both of these images show the main building without a 'Subsurf' or 'Smooth' on them, so I thought id try a view with them both on and yuck!
It just doesn't look right for the building, especially as it helped the glass texture before, so I am going to have my building some what naked as it really brings out the glass, whereas this looks like a gum ball or something, which is fine for the seats because if it was real they would be paint. So do no think that I have forgotten too smooth anything, it is just the effect that I'm going for.

I have almost finished the external view, just got to position to lamp posts correctly, do some mood lighting and sort out the sign for the front, which will be done at a later date. I'm really happy with it, I know I've used a lot of skills that I've learnt throughout the module, and after that first lesson of creating a little box house, gosh I got in such a state over it. In my wildest dreams I didn't think I'd be able to create anything of this level



eee finally finished the outside, just got to do a lot of work for the inside now, very happy. Below are two views of the external view. I did try various things but they didnt work which was rather anoying, I did try adding mist, but it just made the model blurry, and you could see the background image through the models, so it just didnt work. I also wanted the lighting to be from the street lamps so it looked like it was evening time, but whenever I went to do it it just didnt have light coming from anywhere which I found strange considering I positioned the lights from the lampposts. I even tried different ligting such as 'Lamp' and 'Area'. So I just ended up positioning lamps there but other places aswell.










Since doing this I have gone back and added bins to the external view, so below are a few renders of the FINAL finished model.


No comments:

Post a Comment