Friday 13 November 2009

Week 9: This Barrel Is Going To Kill Me

Normlly I complete a task then write about it, but because this is going to terribley and I know that my final result isn't going to look like the one displayed I thought it was better to write about my progress and how its all going wrong, because I am at the stage now where I am screaming at my computer and trying not to swear as I write this.








It seemed to be going to well, I made the barrel and outside rings just fine, it wasnt until I needed to scale it down and did exactly what was said that it began to go wrong, and this was only 10 minutes in only 25 more to go. When I scaled it it still messed up and was uneven but I decided to carry on anyway, the main problem and where I am now is when I need to make seam the top bit that I've just made it just wont let me select more than one strip of the barrel at once and I cant even describe in words the frustration that I'm at, I thought I was making progress this really was begining to clip into place, but now I cant do it, I really cant. My only plan of attack is that I just texture the top normally and more past this I think that is all I can do if I'm ever going to finish this, its taken me about an hour and a half for 13minutes of this, here is my render so far as you can see its not great, but I can only hope to get a finished version now rather than an amazing one.




I called the image awful and that is because it simply is.


This is it with textures, I briefly used the style of image mapping suggested, however after a while I had to use my own experience as my model on 'Blender' kept flashing black making it unbearable to work in. I'm not sure if this is because it's friday 13th but this has been the worst I've ever felt doing work in a long time, I'm just glad it's over, its really knocked my confidence, but hopefully when I come back to my 'Blender' work tomorrow I'll feel better.




I apologise for the view of the render, as my barrel was too big for the camera view I had some problems getting a good view of the final barrel, this was the best I could get that showed different aspects of the model.






This week someone in class showed me an interesting tutorial, which I decided to check out. The aim was to make an object glow. I thought it could be quite useful to use for my external view for the building itself. But even if I dont use it, it was interesting to learn. Heres my render:





I'd been meaning to look at how to do text for a while, as I obviously need to be able to write a sign for the front of the building. I had thought that I could just make a texture with text on worst case scenario. Anyway I set off to find a tutorial as to how to do it, I couldnt believe my luck when I started a tutorial I'd found on 'You Tube' and it was simply an option when you add an object shape like cube etc. I don't know why I didn't think to look there before. The tutorial was very straight forward, so now I'll be able to create text with the lettering of my sign then possition it infront of the gold texture on the front of the exterior. It will look really nice as it will stand out due to depth of the text, which in theory you would expect to attract for customers that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment