Sunday 1 November 2009

Week 7: Please Please Can I Have No Problems This Week






I found the 'Lattice Deformation' tutorial very straight forward and clear unlike some of the others that I've done by 'Neal Hirsig'. I also found the skills learnt very useful and something that I would never have thought to do, I had no idea that tool exsited, but it gives a great effect, being able to make objects much more realistic, I think it is very likely that I will use this tool in my final project as it makes life so much easier, overall a great start to the week.







The second part of this weeks tasks is to follow two tutorials called 'Array Modifier', the first one I found very straight forward and interesting to learn, I'm not sure how much I could use it at the moment but it might come in handy later on. This is what the end product looked like:
As you can see it looks a bit like a neclace, the effect is based upon repetition, and manipulating other objects but changing the effects of just one, very interesting stuff, which would save a lot of time for those using it.















The second 'Array Modifier' tutorial is much longer and shows more things of use as end results, the first object made on this tutorial is that of a fence, I smoothed, added a subsurf modifier and added a wooden texture to complete the model, as the tutorial only demonstrates how to make the object itself. I found this really useful as I would have had no idea how to make as fence if thinking about it, but its taught me that there maybe really simple ways of making things, just look at what youve already got.















The second object in this tutorial I found much harder but that was based upon the beginning arrow object, as mine didnt look exactly like his the end result wasnt the same, the stages to the end result was clear though, no problems what so ever, I found the making of the arrow harder to be honest.








I did put a subsurf modifier and smooth on it but found that the result looked more like flower petals ans its supost to be part of a car I think, just shows that you can get a completely different effect by doing the smallest thing.
































The next part I though yes great I wanna make stairs for my final project and I have no idea how to create them, so yes now I know however mine didnt look great not sure why just the end result wasnt exactly even, but thats something I can work on and practise, therefore I couldnt get a rendered screen shot as when I tried to scale the stairs object it just went all weird and on top of each other, so I did a screen shot of a 3D view, to show my end result.






















The rings exercise was also very straight forward and simple, however I did encounter a slight problem. I managed to get the chains into a neclace shape but while I was just fiddling, I then decided to press undo and follow the tutorials instructions and after that I could never get it the same again, for some reason since then my rings dont look correctly spaced between the other row, I'm not sure if I moved them slightly off centre by accident in the process, but I have spent a while trying to fix it but cant, I finished it with a simple metal texture.




















The last tutorial for this week is called 'Noise' it was a very quick and simple tutorial, which I felt I could have used in previous challenges, as it is a very fact way to create an uneven landscape.













Now to create a landscape.









I had no problem at all with the initial landscape, that went fine, had a tiny problem with the background but that became easily fixed, I had a major problem with the river and how to do it. I grasped the idea of how to create it using the method:





The problem I then had was how to add it to my other plane, I wasted hours trying to get it too look right, but in the end I decided to make ponds instead as it covered most of the plane area, here is my final result:

I think it looks alright, I like the water tecture, but I'm not so sure why the crass tecture looks unrealistic in places.

No comments:

Post a Comment