Monday 1 February 2010

Animation: Week 2

The IPO curve window tutorial was yet another interesing way in which you can animate within blender, it was interesting to see the lines in which I had previously animated, it was nice to have a play around and change the directions and intesity of the previous animation, it was so intense that at one point the 'Monkey' goes off view, so it may look different than the tutorial that I actually followed, as I kind of took into my own hands. However I cant see that I'm ever going to really use it, but I may be wrong.








I was starting to think this is going too well, and ofcourse the problems start now, Benzier curves seem to have been put on this earth to kill me because they are doing the complete opposite of what i'm telling them to do. I make the plane and the ground fine, you add a Benzier curve into the mix and an hour is spent in frustration so much that you think maybe a degree is'nt for me should I quit and that is even an overstatment. I tell it to go one way and it goes the oposite way, so for my 'path' I have only gotten half way and that is due to me moving each bit manualy because when I click it goes the wrong way, So i'll try and carry on with the path half way and see if I can get more than two minutes into the eighteen minute tutorial otherwise I will be here all night.


This is a screenshot of the plane clearly far away from the path line, still comfused as to why but hey.

So I come back to it the next day a clear mind and all that, and it kind of went a bit better well I got it to work but not correctly, but I cant see how I'm ever going to get it to work, I've spent hours trying to do it and I cant take it anymore, it's anoying because I really liked doing the keyframes and this way obviously hates me. So this is my final result It doesnt work correctly like it doesnt fly where its supost to, I'll post a screenshot of that, but atleast it's following the path which is more than I got it to do last night. Hopefully I'll have more luck doing it using key frames in a minute.






Below are two videos one being my first atempt, dont know why it kept going underneath the ground, but i think I fixed it by the second one. However the plane isnt moving very excitingly this is due to the fact that whenever I tried to rotate it blender kept flashing colours across the screen and crashing so i've done my best with what I could, I'm clearly having a very bad week in regard to this module:(




This one is the pretty shocking one.




Right I have no idea why this has come out like this it is set up nicely with the camera I have no idea why it is just staying in one area when the scene goes across the whole landscape. The animate end is in the right place, i'd have another go but I am frustrated beyong belief with this weeks tasks to give it another go until a later date arghghhhhhhh

No comments:

Post a Comment