Tuesday 6 October 2009

Week 3:Arghhhhhh

I had a good clear head, was feeling good about this week then I try and open my prevously created pill from last week, and theres an error! It wouldnt let me open anything I've previously made and I have no idea why, so to start the first task for this week I had to make the pill AGAIN!! What a waste of my time, the only positive with this is that it enabled me to become more confident with the tools and skills i'd learnt, i rushed through so it's probily not perfect but it works. The strangest thing is that when I started making the pill I saved it early on and closed 'Blender' just to check that it would save before I did to much and it opened fine, so I am completely clueless.

Anyway back to the task at hand. I wasnt sure what to submit as evidence of completing the rendering task, but decided a whole view would be the best thing, as it shows the size of the end render at 25% in proportion to the screen size. I found this task very straight forward, and interesting to learn about the different ways of rendering within 'Blender'.



I found the mountain task very interesting and the knowledge learnt valuable, especially in reference to environments, the task was straight forward and simple to complete.




The challenge was simple to complete as it just follows the same rules as the original mountain task, I am pretty happt with how to turned out, however to make the up mountain in the middle I had to create it off centre which I found pretty strange but it worked so it doesnt matter.




The fruit task

I spend about 2 hours creating fruit which became very straight forward just had a lot of problems with creating the plate it just looks awful so deleted it, tried to make a plate out of a plane and that didnt work out either, so i'm gonna take a break and think things through and come back to this task in a few days.


Right my lesson was cancelled today so I had some free time, and thought i'd have another go at the fruit task, and I did so happy with the result took a while to get there but i've done it, didn't use the tutorial for the plate as it didnt look right when I tried it yesterday instead I created a UV Sphere and put half of it off to make a bowl, the stalks were the most fidley part I tried various ways but in the end decided to use skills I'd learnt from trying the plate tutorial yesterday, I did the same process but made a stalk shape as oppossed to a plate. the fruit was very simple just spend a while trying to make them look smooth. Below is my final result.

No comments:

Post a Comment