Tuesday 29 September 2009

Week 2: Getting the hang...Oh wait what?

Started the task of the pill pretty fast quickly came across a problem but realised why straight off so quickly started again. Still having a few problems with camera angles and hot keys but its becoming clearer with practise so hopefully understand it fully soon. I realised that most of the problems I have last week with zooming in etc wern't working because I'm using a laptop touch pad, and it just never seems to pick it up so I plugged in a mouse and it worked a treat so much easier to work with. I got to the end of the task pretty easily, however I found a lot of the tutorial pretty useless telling you to press certain things where is was easier just to do it other ways. I got as far as the adding the colour, that was really easy to create however the tutorial doesn't tell you how to actually add the colour to the object only how to create it, which seems a bit silly, I can add colour and textures with my eyes shut in 'Maya' so why cant I on 'Blender' it's pretty frustrating, but the pieces are beggining to fit together. Just incase I tried rendering the object without colour or anything but it was just blank even though I added a camera in the right

place weird.


So so far I have this:



Right so I finally got the pill comepleted after way too many attempts, the problems before was because I wasn't on the right view, as it changed at one point and I didnt change it with it, On a lot of the diagrams however it has 4 views on one screen as automatic almost, I cant find a way to do that which is very annoying, but atleast the main thing is completed. And in regard to the rendering problem I had I changed the setting as after lots of online research it appears it has a few problems with 'Windows Vista' which is what I am using.



The salt shaker task was pretty straight forward after feeling pretty confident after doing the first task a dozen times, made this one very straight forward as it simply adds the skills learned in the first week with the second one.

No comments:

Post a Comment